Basically, my company refers to my job as a “Webmaster.” This job title is outdated in my opinion. I basically was hired to do the following (with the following knowledge):
- Point contact for company web site (updates, changes, additions, new site designs, project manager/lead for all things company web);
- Marketing for e-mail campaigns, web campaigns and webcasts;
- Update content via CMS interface (but also manage all templates in this CMS);
- Print advertisement design (posters, postcards, magazine ads, etc. etc.);
- Interactive advertisement design (FLASH, for example);
- Product strategy from a marketing perspective.
It’s a huge mix of web design, web development, advertising, graphic design etc. and I can’t figure out what to call it
What do you think?